There are many ideas that come to mind when celebrating a Pastor's Appreciation service or Anniversary. Not all ideas are good ideas when it comes to celebrating your pastor. It is always a good idea to know your pastors personal taste or style and you should consider his or her feelings when it comes down to publicly doing things for him or her. In the event you do not know your pastors personal taste it is always a good idea to ask someone close to him or her like a spouse or close friend. Sometimes, the pastor may have other pastor friends that you could consult with to get more details on his or her likes and dislikes.
In this article we will share some ideas that most churches and ministries have decided on in the past for their pastor and spiritual leaders. Again, the information contained here is for educational purposes only. You should consult with your committee before acting on or purchasing any of the products mentioned in this article. Some of the ideas are surrounded by personal taste of others and some were decided on by a committee of people.
First, one of the hot products now appearing in the pulpit is the Ipad Tablet or the Android Tablet. There is a very good reason as to why this is. Some people may consider preaching from a Ipad or Android device is simply for a show, which I disagree with totally. After doing a little research on this issue found out that preparing a sermon on these types of devices is rather easy and provides a very unique experience. They provide word processing apps where you can write the weekly sermon highlighting the text in different colors for point emphasis. Another cool feature that I found was a major advantage was being able to load different bibles which has different translations to word meaning. Some bible program apps have 10 different bibles that can be reference within the program. Which many of them also include the Bible Commentary which allow a deeper study guide for any pastor doing research on a particular topic.
Preaching and teaching from a tablet has many advantages and you don't have to be tech savvy to implement these strategies. We find that many pastor in this day and time really appreciate having such a study companion in a Ipad or Android Tablet. The prices of each tablet type range widely in price starting as low as $99 dollars and as high as $699. The more you pay the better and faster the device will operate. Having enough speed in any tablet is definitely worth the extra dollars. This is our top pick pastor appreciation ideas and or gifts for 2014.
Next, we will list an exhaustive list of ideas that you can implement into your pastor appreciation day or service. Pastor appreciation in most cases is honored in the month of October as this is National Pastor Appreciation Month each year. The list of ideas share in this article are for your review to determine whether or not these ideas fit your pastor or church setting.
- Select An Appreciation Day or Date for the Pastor Appreciation Event
- Invite Special Guest Speaker for Pastor Appreciation Day
- Plan a Formal Banquet honoring your Pastor and First Lady
- Have Professional Invitations Created
- Plan a Gospel Concert or hire a Gospel artist for a Concert Venue
- Plan a getaway vacation for your Pastor and Spouse
- Decorate the main Sanctuary of the Church
- Decorate the Pastors area with decorative decorations
- Sponsor a "Pre" Anniversary or Appreciation Service
- Provide Entertainment: Comedian, Praise Dancers, Musicians, Artist
- Create a Video Presentation about your Pastor
- Print Appreciation Programs to Document the Event
- Create a "Favorite Things" Basket
- Order a Pastor Appreciation Banner with his/her photo on it
- Re-decorate his/her Personal Office space
- Purchase New Ministry Robe or Ministry Attire
- Have A Thank Poem professionally written and Framed
- Purchase the Pastor a new Cell phone with yearly paid commitment
- Golf Gift at your local Golf Course
- Create Thrifty Craft Gifts and Baskets
- Commit yourself to praying for your Pastor
- Bless your Pastor with some Necessities
- Present him/her with Plaque, Trophy or Award Certificate
- Stand In for your Pastor running errands or doing Church Administration
- Give Gifts Cards to his or her favorite Clothing or Department Store
- Invite his or her friends to share in the Appreciation Event
- Bless the Spouse of the Pastor and the first Family
- Have T-Shirts made with Church Name or Logo printed on them
- Provide a Family Dinner at Favorite Local Restaurant
- Have his/her Car Serviced or Repaired with standard maintenance
There are a multitude of different ideas that you can come up with to appreciate your pastor. So often we as human beings resort to giving monetary gifts rather than putting a little effort into gifting something with special meaning.
Kingdomprograms.com is the industry leader for Pastor Appreciation Programs, Booklets and Templates. They provide a variety of print ready program templates that are designed for ministry, churches and religious organizations. Kingdomprograms.com is on the cutting edge of technology and they have matching Pastor Appreciation Banners that can be design ed and printed up to 25 feet in length on durable vinyl stock. For more information please visit their website at Kingdomprograms.com.